POST OF MANAGER TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT GRADE III CLASS I
1. Candidates should be citizens of Sri Lanka.
2. Educational / Professional Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Management from a university recognized by the University Grants Commission of Sri Lanka
Professional Qualifications in HRM (PQHRM) at CIPM or Master’s Degree in HRM from a university recognized by the University Grants Commission of Sri Lanka Preference will be given to those who possess Diploma in Training & Development at a recognized institution (Duration should be not less than one year)
3. Experience Minimum 10 years experience in the field of Training and Human Resource Development in a recognized institution out of which 05 years should be in the managerial capacity
4. Age Limit Above 40 years and below 55 years at the closing date of applications
Roles and Responsibilities
• Performing training and development functions professionally including planning, organizing, coordinating, motivating employees for training and evaluating effectiveness of training in order to enable the bank staff to develop the required job competencies.
• Carrying out training need analysis survey on annual basis, preparation of the training calendar and allocating financial resources.
• Implementation of the training plan by utilizing the financial resources most effectively and productively.
• Identifying suitable/qualified external trainers as well as competent resource persons internally to conduct/facilitate training programs.
• Conducting in-house training sessions and organizing outbound training programs whenever necessary.
• Administration of the process of internal and external training events and ensuring the cost effectiveness of all the programs.
• Identifying relevant overseas training programs, preparation of approximate cost and submission of same for necessary nominations.
• Coordinating and follow up of all the activities and documentation relating to the overseas training.
• Maintenance of proper records of progress of training by updating the training package (Internal, external and overseas training) and providing necessary reports to the Management on request.
• Administration of the Training Division and maintenance of the infrastructure pertaining to the auditorium, the computer laboratory, training library and the training rooms.
• Organizing, coordinating and conducting training programs in regional level for the staff.
• Being responsible for aligning the staff with the Bank’s vision and values through creating a learning culture at the Bank.
• Liaising with relevant government institutions such as the Ministry of Finance, Dept. of External Resource and other training organizations.
Other Skills and Competencies
• Hands on experience in handling an e-learning portal
• Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written English
• Should be a team player with leadership skills
• Ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization
• Good interpersonal skills
Terms of Employment
• This position will be on permanent basis subject to a probationary period of one year.
• Rs. 97.410 – 139,810 2,120 X 20
The initial monthly gross salary will be Rs. 197,672/- approximately with other Fringe Benefits. The applicants selected for the above post will enjoy fringe benefits of medical assistance scheme, housing loan/ other staff loans at concessionary rates of interest, superannuation scheme with both Provident Fund and ETF benefits and non-contributory pension scheme.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applicants must use our standard application form which is available in the National Savings Bank Website www.nsb.lk. Applications should be sent under Registered Cover to reach the undersigned on or before 10.04.2023. An applicant cannot use any other channel in forwarding the application.
Photocopies of the educational/professional & experience certificates should be attached together with the application. Applicants who fail to attach the relevant certificates will not be called for interviews.
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification and the Bank reserves the right to call only the short-listed candidates. The post applied for should be stated on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
Deputy General Manager (HRD)
HRD Division National Savings Bank